Prayer for a Friend

Moderator: Moderators

ShangSe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Prayer for a Friend

Post by ShangSe » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:46 pm

I have a friend who I am worried about and would appreciate any prayer/guidance. She has been sick for 3 months and the doctors cannot figure out what is wrong. On top of that she also broke her elbow, is working her self to death and is always stressed. Not only that but her mom is disabled and not doing very well. I have offered to help her but she always turns me down. She professes Christianity but, given her actions, I am not sure if she actually knows what that means.

Please pray with and for me, for her healing and that I may be sensitive to God's leading. My greatest hope and constant prayer is that God is using this situation to draw her to Himself, I am just struggling with how to reach out to her when she will not accept any help.
Last edited by ShangSe on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedYankee
Division Head: DOD
Division Head: DOD
Steam Username: RedYankee

Re: Prayer for a Friend

Post by RedYankee » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:23 am

I'll be praying. Sometimes being a friend is all the witness of Christ someone needs, even when they don't seem to want it. If we have all the world offers, are sanctified and devoted to God but have not love we are nothing. Just keep loving her. This may sound trite, but Love does conquer all. Don't be discouraged, you have more of an impact then you think.
REDYANKEE

For behold, He who forms mountains and creates the wind and declares to man what are His thoughts, he who makes dawn into darkness and treads on the high places of the earth, the LORD God of hosts is His name. Amos 4:13

Rescue9
Colonel
Colonel
Xfire Username: MadFireman

Re: Prayer for a Friend

Post by Rescue9 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Sometimes we as Christians need to realize that it is not our task, or struggle, to reach out to others. Think of it like this. Jesus went through his "struggle" so that we might seek him. While you remain open and willing to help at a moment's notice, remember that it is her that must "seek" help; be it from Jesus, or you. Your offering help does make it easier for others to "seek" you, but you mustn't get frustrated or depressed when your help is not accepted. If that was the case, Jesus would be one depressed dude due to all the people who reject his help and guidance.

Another thing to remember is Time and Situation. For example, you grew up in the church. All you've ever known is God. There are a lot of people who either haven't grown up in the church or who have been gone for so long that they may feel that Church is worthless or that God no longer cares. You showing that God does indeed care throughout your own struggles often times helps others remember that God cares for them even though they may not have cared about Him for quite a while.

I will definitely be praying for your friend. However, I will also be praying for you as well. May God give you the peace you need to "seek" him so that others can "seek" you when they're looking for some help, love, guidance, and peace. That way, you can show them that God provides all those things for you and that He will do the same for them.

God Bless