The journey begins...

Moderators: Rapidfire, Senior Admin, Moderators

RedYankee
Division Head: DOD
Steam Username: RedYankee

The journey begins...

Post by RedYankee » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:23 pm

I made it back on the minecraft server and had permission to break blocks :) It was a quite a journey to get going, true survival style. I'm accustom to being able to turn night into day so that was an adjustment. I logged in and it was almost night so I broke some trees and then had to log out and wait. When I logged back in, it was night and I was immediately attacked by a spider, logged out. Logged back in and it was day but the spider and a skeleton were very close so I had to run away. I broke some more trees and made tools with the wood and then it was night, logged out. Logged back in and it was morning. I wanted to get as far from spawn as possible so I started traveling and killing livestock for food. Traveled all day, about 20 minutes in all :), logged out. I traveled all the next day and came to a spot I liked but it was night so logged out again. When I logged back in, I started mining for coal so I could make torches, no luck, night again, logged out. The next day I gave up mining since it is hard without torches and went looking for exposed coal. With a little luck it didn't take long. I made some torches, burrowed into a hill and put a door on my cave. Safety at last! That seemed to take FOREVER! The daylight seems awful short but maybe it's just me. From that point I was good to go, I found more coal, iron, gold. I set up a bed, ovens and some storage. I don't think I ever had that much trouble getting started. But it was true survival.... or logging in and out, waiting 15 minutes and try again. Just glad it's over.
REDYANKEE

For behold, He who forms mountains and creates the wind and declares to man what are His thoughts, he who makes dawn into darkness and treads on the high places of the earth, the LORD God of hosts is His name. Amos 4:13

Rescue9
Colonel
Colonel
Xfire Username: MadFireman

Re: The journey begins...

Post by Rescue9 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:48 pm

Survival at it's best.

RedYankee

Post by RedYankee » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Been doing a lot of exploring and found some great areas to set up. I also found an End Portal. It was near a coral and farm plot. I am sure this belongs to someone. I went through the portal and explored before I realized I was near someones "home". Are these portals created or part of the general environment. In other words, is it someones property or for general use?

I know you set up the TP command, can that be used to go to set coordinates? I wrote down the coordinates for several areas and wanted to know if I could TP back or if I will need to try to find them again? Figured it out.
REDYANKEE

For behold, He who forms mountains and creates the wind and declares to man what are His thoughts, he who makes dawn into darkness and treads on the high places of the earth, the LORD God of hosts is His name. Amos 4:13

RedYankee

Post by RedYankee » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:21 pm

No TNT? I just tried to set some to blow up some obsidian and "You do not have permission..." :) Do you think I am going to blow up the world? Well maybe... Just kidding.
REDYANKEE

Rescue9
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Rescue9 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:17 am

Yes... that permission was just for you.

4wheels
Colonel
Colonel

Post by 4wheels » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:27 pm

TNT.....GO BOOOOOM!!!!!

I will need to carve out some time to get on there and check things out. I have been....well, let's just say I have been living RL. Not sure what's up with me, but online gaming has not been welcoming. But, i am feeling better, so I shall return. :)

Thanks R!

Rapidfire
Division Head: MC
Division Head: MC
Steam Username: Rapidfire882007

Post by Rapidfire » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Lol, he removed Red's tnt...

RedYankee

Post by RedYankee » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:10 am

I just can't believe the level of distrust. See if I put birthday candles on his cake!
:angelic-green:
REDYANKEE

4wheels
Colonel
Colonel

Post by 4wheels » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Wait...those don't look like candles!! :shock: :shock: BOOOOOMM

Thanks R!

Rescue9
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Rescue9 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:08 am

RedYankee wrote:I just can't believe the level of distrust. See if I put birthday candles on his cake!
:angelic-green:
It's not distrust at all. I firmly trust you.......... to blow the entire world full of holes.